The four Kano Pillars fans who suffered a life threatening injuries at the hands of angry Katsina Utd supporters on Wednesday at the Muhammad Dikko Stadium after the homers 1-1 draw against the four-time league champions in the MD15 of the ongoing 2019/2020 Nigeria Professional Football League had been discharged from the Abdullahi Wase Hospital, Thursday evening.



According to the media officer of the club Rilwanu Idris Malikawa, the affected fans namely; Isa Amin Fagge, Rufa’i Isyaku Fagge, Saifullahi Nasarawa and Abubakar Abba Kurna have been discharged from the Hospital on Thursday evening but would have to go back next week Thursday for medical follow ups while one of them whose ears have been chopped down by the football hooligans in Katsina will have to go for further tests that includes OAE, PTA, TYP and VIDEO OCTODCOPY on Monday.


Malikawa said the management of the National champions took all the responsibility of their medical bills and pledged to continue up to the time they will recovered 100 percent.


On his part, the chairman fans club of the Sai Masu Gida, Bashir Idris Mu’azu aka Jide have commended the leadership of the club under the chairmanship of Alhaji Surajo Shaaibu Yahaya for the concerned shown to the victims of the attacked right from Katsina to Kano and had assured the fans commitments in continuing supporting the Pride of Kano all the time.



However, Bashir Ma’azu urged his members to be calm and called on the authorities concerned to take the needful actions by ensuring all the culprits are brought to book within short period of time.



It could be recalled that Katsina Utd fans refused to allowed the players and officials of the visiting team entrance into the dressing room after the centre Referee blew for half time and started throwing stones, sachet and bottle water plus other objects targeted at both the Sai Masu Gida players and the match officials themselves.


The hoodlums who had a free day continued their mission after the game by attacking the Kano Pillars FC fans and make sure that the players of the away team stayed back at the stadium for up to two hours until fully armed members of the Nigeria Police Force escorted them out of the MDS to Kano.

Leave a Reply